Leader In Me
What is the Leader in Me?
Leader in Me is an evidence-based, comprehensive model that builds leadership and life skills in students, creates a high-trust school culture, and lays the foundation for sustained academic achievement. There are over 5,000 Leader in Me schools in all 50 states and in over 50 countries. Our mission is to unleash the greatness in students, educators, and school communities everywhere.
5 Core Paradigms to SEE Differently
The Leader in Me experience begins with a whole new paradigm for education. Our educators rediscover their passion through Leader in Me as it redirects our focus back to a deeper understanding of student achievement as we, at Skyline, focus on the whole student and the our commitment to leadership development.
- Everyone can be a leader (Not this: Leadership is for the few)
- Everyone has genius (Not this: A few people are gifted)
- Change starts with me. (Not this: To improve schools, the system needs to change first)
- Educators empower students to lead their own learning. (Not this: Educators control and direct student learning.)
- Develop the whole person. (Not this: Focus solely on academic achievement)
7 Habits Defined:
- You're in charge- I am free to choose and am ultimately responsible for my happiness.
- Have a Plan- Clearly defining my vision and purpose in life will make all the difference.
- Work first, then play- I spend time on what's most important.
Habit 4: Think Win-Win
- Everyone can win- There is plenty out there for everyone and more to spare.
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood
- Listen before you talk- I have greater influence with others if I truly understand them first.
Habit 6: Synergize
- Together is better- Let's come up with something that's better than what either of us has in mind.
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw
- Balance feels best- I take time for myself every day because it gives me the ability to do everything else.